Announcements: February 9th, 2015

By Sara Vivas, Staff Writer

The Red Cross Club meets every other Thursday. Meetings will be held in room 2305(Mr. Carroll’s room) at 7:30 unless specified otherwise. For more information follow them on twitter @GrhsRedCross.

George Ranch is proud to say that we officially have a flag football team, we have practices every Monday starting January 12 after school from 3:40-5:00pm outside behind the library, and we will welcome any one from any grade level we hope to see you there if you have any feather questions fill free to ask are sponsor Mr. Tielke he will be glad to help just tell him your first and last name and your grade level and we will put your name on the roster.

If you have not picked up your PSAT results yet they are available at the Student Services Window.

Sophomore, Junior and Senior STUDENTS: Lamar CISD is hosting a special PSAT/SAT Test Prep Boot Camp in the Terry High School Auditorium, on Saturday, March 28th from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Registration begins at 8:15 am. This is an intensive 6 hour PSAT/SAT seminar designed to give you effective test taking and time management strategies, to help boost your SAT performance. The normal cost of this seminar is $250.00. However, Lamar CISD is so committed to improving test scores that Lamar CISD is making the Boot Camp available to each student for only $50! Materials include 2 books for each participant, including 26 practice tests and a study guide. Don’t miss this opportunity! There are two ways to register: Complete the registration envelope that you will receive in the mail, include check or money order made payable to Test Prep Seminars for $50 and bring it to Terry High School on Saturday, March 28th, or visit us online at www.testprepseminars.org, click on registration and enter the code “lamar” to pay securely on-line. Thank you for your attention!

ProGrad 2015: Parents and Seniors, please join us on Tuesday, February 10 at 7pm in the GRHS Cafeteria for our general meeting for information on our Spring fundraiser, Graduation party entertainment, and scholarships.

Jeans for Teens! Donate new or gently used jeans for homeless teens! Bring them to your advisory until February 13th.

Do you love to dance and want to support your Longhorns? If so, Lariettes and Belles are the programs for you. If you are interested in trying out there is a mandatory candidate and parent meeting tomorrow at 6:30 pm in the GR LGI. This meeting is open to all current 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th graders. If you have questions before the meeting please see Ms. O’Haver in the dance room across from the competition gym. We look forward to seeing you there!