Announcements: February 26th, 2015

By Sara Vivas, Staff Writer

The Red Cross Club meets every other Thursday. Meetings will be held in room 2305(Mr. Carroll’s room) at 7:30 unless specified otherwise. For more information follow them on twitter @GrhsRedCross

Sophomore, Junior and Senior STUDENTS:Lamar CISD is hosting a special PSAT/SAT Test Prep Boot Camp in the Terry High School Auditorium, on Saturday, March 28th from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Registration begins at 8:15 am.This is an intensive 6 hour PSAT/SAT seminar designed to give you effective test taking and time management strategies, to help boost your SAT performance. The normal cost of this seminar is $250.00. However, Lamar CISD is so committed to improving test scores that Lamar CISD is making the Boot Camp available to each student for only $50! Materials include 2 books for each participant, including 26 practice tests and a study guide. Don’t miss this opportunity! There are two ways to register: Complete the registration envelope that you will receive in the mail, include check or money order made payable to Test Prep Seminars for $50 and bring it to Terry High School on Saturday, March 28th, or visit us online at www.testprepseminars.org, click on registration and enter the code “lamar” to pay securely on-line.

Are you spirited and want to make a difference in your school? Cheerleading & Mascot Tryout packets are available online at the GRHS website under extracurricular – cheerleading. There will be a mandatory parent/candidate meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 17th. All forms are due by Thursday, Feb. 26 by 4pm.

Want to fly away? Win 4 Roundtrip Southwest Airlines tickets, good for anywhere in the continental US or Puerto Rico. $5 a chance, drawing is April 7. Benefits Prograd2015 and the GRHS Senior Class. See a ProGrad rep or any participating Senior for a ticket! Go to grhsprograd.com for more info.

Prograd2015: Seniors, interested in selling our fundraiser raffle tickets to your community and neighbors? Stop by the Prograd table at lunch on Fridays to pick up raffle ticket booklets and to turn in sold tickets and monies.

Just a reminder if you are trying out for Lariettes and Belles, your application is due on Friday February 27. Please make sure to get those in to Ms. O’Haver by the deadline.

Do you have any new or gently used books that are not needed anymore? From February 16th to February 27th, Student Council will be hosting a Book Drive. Please donate all books to your advisory teacher. All donations will benefit the Fort Bend Public Library system!

AP exam registration begins Monday, February 23rd. Students will need to log in to Total Registration in order to sign up for exams. www.totalregistration.net/AP/445862. The last day to register without penalty is February 5th and late registration is February 6th. All students must be registered prior to leaving for spring break. See Mrs. Reeves during all lunches with any questions.

The George Ranch High School Athletic Booster Club is honored to announce our scholarship portfolio for 2015! The ABC will award 8 scholarships, totaling $20,000 to outstanding senior student athletes. The deadline to apply is March 27th. The application and submission procedures can be found at www.grhsabc.com.

PALs applications are now located at the Student Service Window. If you are a current 10th or 11th grader, you are eligible to complete the application. All completed applications must be turned in no later than 4PM on March 6th.

Do you want to have a part in creating The Legacy yearbook or designing The Wrangler student magazine? How about filming and editing videos for the broadcast news show that airs during advisory class? All these are things that you can do if you join the award-winning journalism department next school year. Applications are now available at the student service window or online at the GRHS website under the tab Extracurricular – Journalism (http://www.lcisd.org/campuses/georgeranchhs/extracurricular/journalism). Applications are due by 4 p.m. Wednesday, March 4. Questions? Please see Mrs. Respondek in 1419 or Mrs. Kroeker in 1425.