‘The Lost Hero’ will Keep You Up all Night

The Lost Hero | Rick Riordan

Price: $9.99

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan has made the New-York’sTimes Best Sellers list, and there is a definite reason why. The book, which is the first book of the sequel series for Riordan’s first series “Percy Jackson and the Olympians.” The book includes three all new characters named Jason, Piper, and Leo. Jason, the golden boy, is the son of one of the three most well-known Olympian Gods. The story begins when he wakes up on a bus that’s on a field trip to the Grand Canyon. He doesn’t know who he is. He doesn’t know his name, doesn’t know why he’s holding hands with this girl named Piper, and doesn’t know why this boy named Leo is calling him “best friend”. Then on the Grand Canyon, Jason, Piper, and Leo encounter their first demon. And their chaperone ends up saving their lives. Then Annabeth (Daughter of Athena, one of the protagonists in the “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” series, and Percy’s girlfriend) appears and is upset because she got a message that Percy was going to be there, but he wasn’t. Apparently, Percy Jackson is missing. She takes Jason, Piper, and Leo to Camp Half-Blood (the camp for children who have one parent who is human and another who is a Greek god). There Jason, Leo, and Piper all figure out who their God parents are and Rachel the Oracle speaks the Prophecy and it is then decided that Piper, Leo, Jason, and Annabeth, are four of the seven Demi-Gods(Half God, half human children) that the prophecy speaks of. From there they embark on a journey that will test their strength, leadership and teamwork. Jason, learn a lot about his abilities, and slowly but surely he begins to regain some of his memories. Leo is great with Mechanics and one of the funniest characters that will instantly make you wish you could be his best friend. Piper is caring but knows how to kick butt at the same time. There are mixed feelings between Jason and Piper throughout the book. The book will throw so many surprises at you. It is anything but predictable, and hilarious with the dialogue. At the end one of the biggest secrets will be thrown your way, and you will be hungry to read the next book

• ‘The Lost Hero’ will Keep You Up all Night

OPINION

The Growing Trend of Smartwatches

OPINION

MF Doom: The Super Villain

OPINION

World of Warships

OPINION

Are Violent Sports Really Worth Watching?

OPINION

What is Cultural Appropriation?

OPINION

Assassins Creed Odyssey

OPINION

World of Tanks

OPINION

Rivers

OPINION

Living with an Esthetician

TECHNOLOGY

A New Horizon