Howdie Evan Steinkirchner!

The Wrangler sat down with junior, Evan Steinkirchner, to talk about how he manages to stay healthy while still keeping his grades up and how he is adapting to the big leap he took changes schools.

The Wrangler: What school did you go to before coming to George Ranch?

Steinkirchner: I went to Houston Christian High School.

The Wrangler: How is this school different from that one?

Steinkirchner: This school is different from that one because George Ranch is a public school and HCHS was private. The student count is also very different between the two with George Ranch having hundreds of more students.

The Wrangler: In your opinion was that school better than George Ranch, academically?

Steinkirchner: In my opinion HCHS was academically better than George Ranch due to it being strictly a college prep school.

The Wrangler: What do you do in your free time?

Steinkirchner: I exercise in my free time.

The Wrangler: Why did you get into fitness?

Steinkirchner: I got into fitness when I was 13 years old. I needed to release a lot of emotions and feelings somewhere because life did get very stressful for me.

The Wrangler: Will you continue to lift?

Steinkirchner: Yes, fitness is a lifestyle that I won’t ever stop.

The Wrangler: Do you think you could manage being healthy along with the class load you had at your old school?

Steinkirchner: No I couldn’t manage being healthy along with the load at my old high school.

The Wrangler: Why didn’t you take AP classes at George Ranch?

Steinkirchner: To me, AP classes are just added stress. Sure you could get some extra college credit from the AP tests, but I’ve handled enough stress at my old school already.

The Wrangler: Are you happier with less work?

Steinkirchner: I am much happier with less work. Going from a private college  prep school to a public school really gave me time to involve fitness into my schedule more, worry and stress a lot less, and let me experience life a little easier.

The Wrangler: What do you plan to do when you graduate from high school?

Steinkirchner:  When I graduate from high school I plan to go on to higher education and get a masters in either business, engineering, or a doctorate in veterinary.