Howdie Erin Vasquez!

By Haig Moses, Staff Writer

The Wrangler sat down with senior Erin Vasquez, to get candid about her goals post-graduation, life, fashion and family.

The Wrangler: Your work ethic is something others strive for. How do you stay so determined when the day is bleak?

Vasquez: I always think about the future. If I don’t do the most I can, then it can affect my future.

The Wrangler: You’re the class of 2016. What college do you see yourself being accepted to? What will you be majoring in and if minoring?

Vasquez: UTSA for Sports/Event and Entertainment Management and minoring in Business. I like that college [University of Texas: San Antonio] because it has a good business program and I like the city it’s in. I want to major in [Sports/Event and Entertainment Management] because I like to manage things and make things in order for events and I like to be in control.

The Wrangler: Other than the free time that seniors are privileged and graduation, what are you looking forward to the most this year?

Vasquez: Getting ready for college and keeping my GPA up.

The Wrangler: They say that life is hard after graduating high school. Do you feel yourself in some way prepared for the struggle and if you do what and who do you feel has prepared you for it the most?

Vasquez: Yes, I do feel like I am prepared because my parents have always taught me to expect the best but prepare for the worst.

The Wrangler: Fashion-wise, where and/or who do you get your inspiration from?

Vasquez: My favorite YouTubers: Carli Bybel and Jaclyn Hill.

The Wrangler: What is one fashion tip that you’d like to send to the students at George Ranch High School?

Vasquez: Make sure how you dress reflects your personality.

The Wrangler: What band/singer do you connect to the most? Why?

Vasquez: J. Cole because there’s [sic] a lot of his songs I can relate to like, Apparently and Lost Ones.

The Wrangler: What’s your way of making yourself stand out, not only in school but also in your everyday life?

Vasquez: Dressing differently than everyone else.

The Wrangler: If you could change one thing in your past what would it be and why?

Vasquez: Not being as involved in extracurricular activities at school.

The Wrangler: Is there anything that you can’t let go of, but you know you should?

Vasquez: My Grandma passing away.

The Wrangler: We’re going to play a quick game called Kiss, Marry, Kill; between Justin Bieber, Drake and Big Sean.

Vasquez: I’d kiss Justin Bieber, marry Drake and kill Big Sean.

The Wrangler: If you could, end our conversation on an inspiring quote.

Vasquez: “The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.”