WOOHOO or BOOHOO?

Kelly Davila

Amy Cleetus representing how most of the “BOOHOO” students appear like and Annabel Jacob representing how the “WOOHOO” students appear as.

By Kelly Davila, Staff Writer

“Go Longhorns! Yeah! We Win at The Ranch! Woo!” Then, all of a sudden…

“Boo! Ugh, are they cheering again? Why are they so spirited? It’s not that serious.”

Those are the two types of people at George Ranch High School. You’re either really “peppy” or really “lame”. There seems to be no in-betweens. I am here to explain to you that there is an “in-between” and you should become one of them.

For example, did you know that “…high school students with “school spirit” perform better academically, are more engaged in social and civic matters, and are happier in general than their less-spirited peers.” Now who wants to be unhappy?

Yes, I get it pessimists, you love to strongly dislike those that are upbeat and spirted about things. However, try to not hate them and just enjoy the happiness around. I am not saying to go in guns blazing but you could at least smile, appreciate, and then move on.

School spirit isn’t just for football or pep rallies, it’s for anything and everything. For example, you can be ‘spirited’ about teachers and projects, which I understand can be lame, but it is possible. One can be spirited about other sports or even school functions, like prom or color runs.

Moral of this article, you don’t have to be “WOOHOO” to be school spirited. Capiche?