National days of the week 1/9 – 1/13

Back to Article
Back to Article

National days of the week 1/9 – 1/13

By Amanda Martin, Staff Writer

There is a national day each and every day of the year. Here are the national days of this week.

Monday: National Apricot Day

Apricots can be found around the world. In ancient times, the apricot originated in northeastern China near the Russian border and was later introduced to Europe and Armenia. Fresh Apricots are packed with nutrients. Vitamin B-6, Magnesium, Iron and calcium are all vitamins found in apricots.

Tuesday: National Cut Your Energy Costs Day

This day encourages people to look for ways to reduce energy costs, and save on their energy bills. Properly maintain furnace, use solar heat if possible, turn down thermostats and carpool when possible are all examples in order to cut energy costs.

Wednesday: National Milk Day

The first time milk was delivered in bottles was on January 11, 1878. There are more than 6 million consumers of milk or milk products around the world. The largest exporters of and milk products are Australia and the United States. World milk day is celebrated on June 1.

Thursday: National Pharmacist Day

This day was created to recognize and honor all pharmacists across the nation. Pharmacists advise patients and health care providers on the selection, dosages, interactions and the side effects of medications. World pharmacist day is celebrated annually on September 25.

Friday: National Sticker Day

This day celebrates all things stickers. National sticker day honors R. Stanton Avery. Avery was the original creator of the adhesive label with a removable backing.

About the Contributor
Amanda Martin, Business Manager & Staff Writer

Amanda Martin is a senior this year. This is her third year on The Wrangler staff, and is now the Business Manager. In her free time, she enjoys volunteering,...

National days of the week 1/9 – 1/13