Purpose and dreams

Sheridan Smith

A child playing at the Kid’s Zone at the Run to Attack Poverty Run.

By Sheridan Smith, Staff Writer

An individual relates to at least one of these three things: you are fulfilling your purpose, you know what your purpose is, or your mind is blowing in every direction trying to figure out what your is your purpose.

“I think I’m supposed to be happy and have a family and make them happy. There’s nothing you’re supposed to do with your life. There is just what you think you should do or want to do,” Nicholas Castillo said.

Every individual has gone through a phase where they’re trying to figure out where they belong in this world. It’s either what college you should go to, where you should start working, what the purpose is of your life, or whatever, or wherever. There are so many options to choose from.

Camy Marlow said, “I think my purpose is to try to better myself and the people around me by trying to stay as positive as I can. I have no idea what I want to do with my life, maybe a veterinarian.”

The school system expects students, who are just reaching adulthood, to choose their life’s path. Many students barely know what they want for dinner, let alone what they want to do with their life. High school gives an individual a place to explore different subjects and careers, which is a great thing.

“I think everyone has a purpose and everyone’s purpose is different. My purpose is to better other people and hopefully be there in time for people in need and to encourage them. I want to be a veterinarian and do something with genetic mutations,” Katie Koerth said.

Individuals in this world change what they do all the time based off of what they want and how they feel doing what they do. There is a purpose for everyone in this world, but are you supposed to choose what you want to do or what you’re “supposed” to do?