Haunted Portables

The Mysterious Rooms… OF DOOM!

By Travis Moore, Staff Writer

In 2017, our high school added portable buildings to our campus, and ever since, there have been some very strange occurrences. Think about it. Do you know anyone who goes to a portable? I sure don’t, and even if I did, I wouldn’t trust them. After a lot of thought, I decided to investigate these “portables”. After talking to our principles, I was granted permission to spend a full night in the portables to see if there were any… paranormal activities.

I showed up to the school around 8:30p.m. to set up the ghost equipment I made my mom buy me. I was equipped with a ghost microphone, heat monitor, radio receivers set to channels where ghosts could contact me, and 4 high resolution cameras. This ended up costing my mom about 1,000 dollars, and she said I have to get a job now to pay her back, but I knew it’d be worth it if I could find just one ghost. I set up all of my equipment, and prepared myself for the night ahead.

IT WAS TOTALLY A GHOST!

— Travis Moore

I first begin by screaming at the ghost to show itself for about an hour with no response. We were able to capture a small round orb in our cameras that DEFINITELY wasn’t a bug. I PROMISE it wasn’t a bug. It was DEFINITELY a ghost.

Anyways, after the non-bug sighting, the portable was pretty quiet. Even after I told the ghost that I would “beat it up if it didn’t show itself” and that the ghost was “a totally baby” and  “wasn’t even scary”. After a while I became very tired and fell asleep. While I was asleep, our radio receivers received a very chilling message. The audio recorded was “Living La Vida Loca” by Ricky Martin. I know what you’re thinking “Travis, you just got the frequency from another radio station”, BUT THAT IMPOSSIBLE. IT WAS TOTALLY A GHOST! Anyways, the portables are haunted by Ricky Martin.