Fallout 76

A theory on world destruction

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fallout 76

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/43473546434

By Josh Manus, Staff Writer

Bethesda Softworks formally launched  Fallout 76 just months before the release date of November 14th. While this may be an astonishing accomplishment it may turn out to be a terrible idea. With the shortened deadline, the game may have a shorter campaign or it will not be a reliable game like the launches of COD WWII and Battlefield 4.

If the game is as detailed as its predecessors then it will truly be remarkable. If Bethesda can get all the background information and lore behind the storyline that they had in their previous game, then this will be an interesting experience.

Fallout 76 is set in the distant future, in an apocalyptic setting, like the rest of the Fallout series. This new title is an expansive free to roam environment with plenty of astonishing sights to look at. From radioactive mutants to the beautiful landscape of the rebuilding ecosystem, the hills of West-Virginia are going to be an interesting landscape to fight and make allies on, and I feel it will be a major factor in a lot of the campaign.

In the game, players will emerge out of an underground vault, only 25 years after the nuclear strike. This makes Fallout 76 the earliest timeline that a player can extensively explore in the Fallout universe. Fallout players will be tasked with the arduous task of rebuilding the civilization that came before them. Fallout 76 will be a multiplayer game, but it is thought it is entirely playable on its own without any ones help.

It is thought that the game includes the same variety of weapons as its predecessors. From bats to pistols and even lasers, as well as having futuristic weapons, there is a return of the iconic power armor, which grants the user inhuman strength coupled with increased agility and endurance. As a bonus it makes the user virtually invulnerable to gunfire if kept in tip-top shape.

As a bonus it makes the user virtually invulnerable to gunfire if kept in tip-top shape.”

One of the less popular game series, lagging behind the Battlefield and Call of Duty series, Bethesda really knows how to keep an audience intrigued. Sure they might have a re-occurring theme but that doesn’t mean that they don’t know how to reinvigorate the series.

• Fallout 76

OPINION

Red Dead Redemption 2

• Fallout 76

OPINION

The Growing Trend of Smartwatches

• Fallout 76

OPINION

World of Warships

• Fallout 76

OPINION

Are Violent Sports Really Worth Watching?

• Fallout 76

OPINION

What is Cultural Appropriation?

• Fallout 76

OPINION

Assassins Creed Odyssey

• Fallout 76

OPINION

World of Tanks

• Fallout 76

OPINION

Rivers

• Fallout 76

OPINION

Living with an Esthetician

• Fallout 76

TECHNOLOGY

A New Horizon

Fallout 76