Howdie Darius Anderson!

By Haig Moses, Staff Writer

Number one on the field and one of the top Running Backs in the state of Texas, Darius Anderson is a senior here at George Ranch High school. The Wrangler got an insight on one of the many players who contributed to our journey to State.

The Wrangler: How’s your senior year turning out so far and if you could, tell me something memorable that has happened to you this school year?

Darius Anderson: “My senior year is turning out good. The most memorable moment would be winning state.”

The Wrangler: How do you balance all of your classes, football practice, extra-curricular activities, etc.?

Darius Anderson: “Basically I just do the basic. I just make sure I do my school work in school not really after, then I do football after.”

The Wrangler: How did you think your senior year was going to come about and what is the reality of it?

Darius Anderson: “I feel like it’s better because I wasn’t expecting to win state this year, or have a chance to win state this year?”

The Wrangler: What are your life goals post-graduation? Are you attending college/university and if so which one and where? How are your steps to acceptance coming along?

Darius Anderson: “Well I don’t know which college exactly, but I will be attending college and I will be playing football and I will most likely major in business and minor in marketing.”

The Wrangler: Looking back on your freshman year, how do you feel that you’ve changed? And what advice would you give your past self?

Darius Anderson: “I would say I changed by being more humble. I would say stay focused and don’t give up.”

The Wrangler: Who’s your biggest influence/role model in life? Why?

Darius Anderson: “My parents, but also my coach.”

The Wrangler: What is the hardest situation you have gone through that has taught you the greatest lesson, and what exactly did you learn?

Darius Anderson: “In sixth grade, it was during a game and I pulled my Hip Flexer and I was out for three months. I had to do rehab… but it took a while for me to get back to where I was.”

The Wrangler: What are the top three factors that you would attribute to your high school success?

Darius Anderson: “Dedication, my teacher, and my team.”

The Wrangler: What is something that many people would not know about you unless they actually got to know you?

Darius Anderson: “I’m just like a nice person. I’m easy to get along with.”

The Wrangler: Tell us something about this football season that you found outstanding?

Darius Anderson: “This football season I got hurt in the beginning of the year, so my senior year wasn’t going as planned, but towards the end – around Playoffs – I ended up rushing thirteen hundred yards in the Playoffs and then I beat my record this year rushing yards too and touch downs and everything else.”

The Wrangler: So, you’ve set the new record, how does that feel?

Darius Anderson: “It feels good because of all the work that I’ve put in the year before during the summer and it actually paid off.”

The Wrangler: Has there ever been a moment in football when you did not want to participate?

Darius Anderson: “Yes, it was my sophomore year. I played the first game because of the Running Backs got hurt and after that, when he was healthy I started to ride the bench and there would be games where I wouldn’t even play. So, I felt like football wasn’t for me at that moment, but then I got my in.”

The Wrangler: How do you say, as a team, the football players work together?

Darius Anderson: “I would say ten [out of ten]. I think the reason why we went so far this year and won state was because our team chemistry. Compared to all the other years we actually got along inside school and outside school.”

The Wrangler: How do you feel about the GRHS Rowdies this year?

Darius Anderson: “It started off real good in the beginning. We have a lot of people. Not like a lot of chants and stuff like previous years, but they play music and stuff.”

The Wrangler: Is there anything else that you want to say about yourself for this article?

Darius Anderson: “I got Offensive Player of the Year, Touch Down Club, Second Team All-Greater Houston, District MVP, First Team Offense, MVP in the State Game.”

The Wrangler: Could you end this interview off with an inspiring quote?

Darius Anderson: “Be humble. Stay humble.”