Free things to do in Houston Part 2
September 21, 2015
- Wanting to see historic buildings?: The Heritage Society museum is Houston’s only outdoor museum that has buildings from the 1820s such as the house of William Marsh Rice, the founder of Rice University. Go and see the old buildings and imagine the lifestyle people once lived! Location: in Sam Houston Park
- Watch a light show!: At James Turrell’s “Twilight Epiphany” Skyspace on Rice Campus, there are 40-minute light shows that occur at sunrise and sunset. This show is free and happens six days a week. Just must make reservations online at the attached link! Location: 6100 Main Street Adjacent Shepherd School of Music Houston TX 77005
- Need a day outside?: Go to the Houston Buffalo Bayou to hike and bike their trails. Why not go and enjoy the sun and take pictures of the nature?
- Canino’s Market: Go to the family-owned market that has food samples the 2nd Saturday each month from 10 a.m. to noon. Location: 2520 Airline Dr. Houston TX 77009
- Go to the Historic Market Square: for free concerts, movie screenings, shopping and more! Location: 301 Milam Houston, Texas 77002
- In a museum mood?: Attend any of these museums for free on Thursday’s. Location: the Museum District.
Need more ideas??: Go to this website for more free things to do in Houston! https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/houston/free-things-to-do-in-houston-george-bush-park-downtown-tunnels-beer-can-house