Howdie Kalon Corrallo

By Martha Czernuszenko, Staff Writer

Kalon Corrallo  is a senior at George Ranch High School.  He enjoys playing video games and is excited for his plans in the future.

The Wrangler: Kalon, what is your favorite part of senior year?

Corrallo: Having an off period so I can go home early.

The Wrangler: Why did you take 8th period off?

Corallo: I took 8th period off because I had nothing else to focus on.

The Wrangler: You also play video games, right? What is your favorite part about video games?

Corallo: My favorite part about video games is challenging myself by finding other people are are better or as good in a game as me.

The Wrangler: What is the key to success in video games?

Corallo: Practice.

The Wrangler: If you had a piece of advice to give to a beginner, what would you give them?

Corallo: Um…Surround yourself with media which involves people who have a higher skill than you so you know where to start.

The Wrangler: What is your favorite video game to play?

Corallo: Super-Smash

The Wrangler: I remember you are also taking Spanish V, how has learning Spanish influenced your life?

Corallo: Well, Learning Spanish has let me see how a language is constructed from the ground up. In English, I always spoke it naturally, um, but in Spanish since I learned it from its rule set. I can see how another languages are formed as well. So in English, I understand all the tones that we use now.

The Wrangler: What is your favorite class in school?

Corallo:[pauses] Physics.

The Wrangler: Physics? Why do you enjoy physics?

Corallo: Um,  Because physics… Yes physics is my favorite class because it makes the students think creatively about problems. It’s not just studying,  It’s thinking a different way about things.

The Wrangler: What are your plans after high school?

Corallo: Dank memes and Dota II.

The Wrangler: Where do you want to go to school?

Corallo: Um, University of Texas.

The Wrangler: What do you plan on majoring in?

Corallo: Um, My major will be political science or sociology.

The Wrangler: If you had to have a super power, what super power would it be and why?

Corallo: That’s a very broad question.Let’s see…..Um probably the power to control time just so I can break the universe. Cause why not.

The Wrangler: Cool, and then is there a quote that you live by  and why?

Corallo: I don’t live by a quote. Quotes are too constraining. You can’t apply one quote to every situation. That’s ridiculous.