National days of the week 1/30 – 2/3

By Amanda Martin, Staff Writer

There is a national day each and every day of the year. Here are the national days of this week.

Monday: National Croissant Day

Croissants are a buttery, crescent-shaped rolls that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Crescent shaped breads have been found around the world for ages. Austrian military officer, August Zang, has credit for the croissant.

Tuesday: National Backward Day

National Backward Day is an opportunity to reserve our ways, our direction, or simply our shirt. This day is very popular with school aged kids. As a matter of fact, Leonardo de Vinci wrote backward.

Wednesday: National Freedom Day

This day celebrates freedom from slavery and recognizes that America is a symbol for freedom. Many towns have celebrations and festivals to celebrate America’s freedom. Major Richard Robert Wright, Sr. created National Freedom Day.

Thursday: National Groundhog Day

On this day the groundhog awakens from his nap and goes outside to see if he can see his shadow. The tradition of predicting the remaining length of winter has close relations to the Christion Holiday, Candlemas. Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania has been chosen as the site for the annual Groundhog day event.

Friday: National Carrot Cake Day

Carrot cake closely resembles a quick bread. This cake is most likely developed from a carrot pudding which could be savory or sweet.

About the Contributor
Amanda Martin, Business Manager & Staff Writer

Amanda Martin is a senior this year. This is her third year on The Wrangler staff, and is now the Business Manager. In her free time, she enjoys volunteering,...

National days of the week 1/30 – 2/3