Howdie Annika Weber!

Annika Weber is a sophomore on the wrestling team. Recently she went on a school trip to China that lasted two weeks.

By Maria Gleason, Staff Writer

The Wrangler: What made you want to go to China?

Weber: What made me want to go to China was to see the culture and learning environment that Chinese students experience everyday.

The Wrangler: What was the atmosphere like there?

Weber: The atmosphere was very welcoming.

The Wrangler: What did you like the most?

Weber: The thing I loved the most was seeing how different the culture is and meeting so many new people at Foshan No.3 Middle School.

The Wrangler: What did you find most challenging?

Weber: The most challenging thing in China was probably the food. The food was way out of my comfort zone and half the time I didn’t know what I was eating.

The Wrangler: How long was the flight?

Weber: The flight from Houston to Beijing was 14 and a half hours and Beijing to Hong Kong was 3 hours.

The Wrangler: What did you do on the flight?

Weber: I slept the whole flight.

The Wrangler: What was the most surprising?

Weber: The most surprising thing was the food it is very different from our food in America but it was so fun to try all the foods.

The Wrangler: Describe what school was like there?

Weber: School was so much different from how we go to school. They go to school from 7am-10pm from Monday morning to Saturday afternoon.

The Wrangler: How was The Great Wall of China?

Weber: The Great Wall of China was breath taking it was so cool to see all the history behind the wall and building it and actually being able to walk on it.

The Wrangler: What did you do in Hong Kong?

Weber: In Hong Kong we visited Victoria’s Peek.

The Wrangler: What did you do in Foshan?

Weber: In Foshan we got to visit many different places with our host family. One thing i really enjoyed was the opera museum.

The Wrangler: Would you ever want to go back to China?

Weber: I would definitely go back to China in a heart beat i made so many amazing memories and life long friends.