Sugar Land Events in December

Free events in Sugar Land in December.

By Amanda Martin, Staff Writer

The city of Sugar Land hosts a lot of events to entertain families and friends in the area. The majority of these events are free to the public.

Friday, December 1st

Sugar Land Holiday Lights – This fourth annual event returns to Constellation Field through January 1st.

Saturday, December 2nd

Cookies with Santa – This is the chance to bring your family and friends out to visit Santa and Mrs. Claus during their holiday visit to the museum.

2017 Run Houston! Sugar Land – The race series at Constellation Field in Sugar Land.

Farmers Market at Imperial Sugar Land – This event occurs at Imperial Sugar Land from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Sunday, December 3rd

Photos with Santa – Enjoy a free holiday photo with Santa and Mrs. Claus. Pictures will take place in the lobby of City Walk.

Thursday, December 7th

City of Sugar Land’s Christmas Tree Lighting – This event will include holiday crafts and activities, face painting, performances by local artists and choirs, photos with Santa and food and beverages will be available for purchase.

Saturday, December 9th 

Holiday Dance Showcase – Enjoy holiday dance performances by local dance companies.

Holiday Movie Under The Moon – This month’s movie is Elf. There might be a “real” elf in attendance passing out candy canes.

Sunday, December 10th

Houston Ballet presents The Nutcracker – The holiday season reignites with Stanton Welch’s spectacular new production of The Nutcracker.

3oth Annual Fort Bend Kia 30K – Join the City Of Sugar Land by coming out to participate in the 30th Annual Fort Bend Kia 30K Run!

Friday, December 15th

Children’s Campfire Christmas – Participate in fun Christmas crafts, take a hayride through the park and sing songs around the campfire.

Saturday, December 16th

Hightower High School Band Gift Wrapping – Bring your unwrapped presents to the plaza to get them wrapped.

Farmers Market at  Imperial Sugar Land – Open from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. This event will take place if it is raining or shining.

Saturday, December 23rd