Journalists in the making

The Convention brings about 4,000 students to Dallas to learn more about their craft and how to interact with people and or world.

Dallas%2C+Texas.

Daniela Hernandez

Dallas, Texas.

By Amanda Martin, Sheridan Smith, Reid Pitts, Staff Writers

The JEA/NSPA Fall National High School Journalism Convention opens a door for high school journalists all over the country to come together to learn more about their craft and from each other. Journalism helps teach civilians about their world and what’s occurring.

This convention brought about 4,000 students to Dallas to learn more about their craft and how to interact with people and our world. Journalism is a subject that is mainly based off of how journalists communicate and share to the outside world. Journalists are able to give insight to individuals all over the globe about an issue, debate, or something that occurs in our everyday lives.

Journalists provide both sides of issues and debates as well. It allows for people to talk about, and share, what they think about a certain topic and what is the other side of the argument. It opens up a way to speak your mind, and in return, see how the opponent is thinking. All 4,000 students that attended the convention are considering journalism as their career, or they’re enjoying their time in it right now. Either way, it shows the importance it holds in a person’s life, but most importantly, it affects the world the most.