Howdie Myriq Freeman!

Myriq Freeman is a Senior at George Ranch High School. He enjoys doing track, and has a drive to do greater things as far as his track career.

By Diamond Butler, Staff Writer

The Wrangler: What would be your best way of describing or defining the sport of track?

Freeman: I would describe it as the most fun, yet the worse sport.It’s fun because the atmosphere and the teammates and competing are so exciting.It’s worse because the practice is so hard.

The Wrangler: When did you decide that track was something you wanted to participate in?

Freeman: I decided I was going to run track when I was eight years old. I was the slowest one out of all my friends and I been dedicated to getting fast ever since.

The Wrangler: When was your first meet and how was it?

Freeman: My first meet was in seventh grade and it was so much fun. I won the mile and I knew then that I loved it.

The Wrangler: What events do you run?

Freeman: I run the 800, the mile, and the 400.

The Wrangler: What pushes you to be great in life?

Freeman: I want to be the best I love it when people doubt what I can do more motivation to prove them wrong.

The Wrangler: What is your track team like, do they support you?

Freeman: They are an interesting bunch of people. They are extremely funny and supportive, great people.

The Wrangler: What is one thing that a family member has said to you for guidance?

Freeman: My aunt told me that “slow feet don’t eat … so stop being slow punk” and that stuck with me till this day.

The Wrangler: Do you plan on achieving goals and breaking records throughout your life, and if so what goals or records?

Freeman: Yes, I intend to break the school’s record for the 800 and mile, it’ll look good on my resume.

The Wrangler: Is track an event that you see yourself doing for the rest of your life?

Freeman: If I go pro, then I will, but if not, I’ll just stop after college and become a Track Coach.

The Wrangler: Track is what in your words?

Freeman: It is like hitting your head against a brick wall and loving it. The sport of track is hard and only the real can survive.