Armistice Day

Armistice day is celebrated all around the world on November 11th to honor the military veterans.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Armistice Day

Citizens celebrating Armistice day in Tornoto, Canada at Bay and King street. (Free to share and reuse from Yahoo).

http://www.chezchiara.com/2010/11/remembrance-day-armistice-of-war-to-end.html

By Bukola Moyosore, Staff Writer

Armistice day is a holiday celebrated on November 11th every year to remember and salute the soldiers who fought in World War I. Many countries like Belgium and Germany celebrate Armistices day. The word “armistice” means an agreement made by opposing sides in a war to stop fighting for a certain time: a truce. In World war I, armistice is generally correlated to the agreement between the Germans and the Allies to end the war on November 11, 1918 at Compiegne, France.

Many countries around the world pause in a moment of silence to honor and remember the men and women who have served.”

Many countries around the world pause in a moment of silence to honor and remember the men and women who have served. Canadians in particular pin a red poppy on their shirt since the poppy is the official representation of remembrance during the two weeks before November 11th. Different countries have also renamed Armistice Day to titles like Veteran’s Day, Remembrance Day, and Poppy Day. Armistice Day has left a special feeling in people’s hearts as they continue to show respect for veterans.

About the Writer
Bukola Moyosore, Staff Writer

Bukola is in the 10th grade and it is her first year in the newspaper staff. Her favorite fast food restaurant is Whataburger and she loves calligraphy...

• Armistice Day

FEATURES

The Effects Of Juuls in High Schools

• Armistice Day

FEATURES

Online School v. Traditional Education

• Armistice Day

FEATURES

Louis Cardenas, The AM Project

• Armistice Day

FEATURES

The Struggles of Being Mixed

• Armistice Day

FEATURES

Le Cœur est là oú la Maison est. Home is where the Heart is. الوطن هو حيث القلب.

• Armistice Day

FEATURES

Unexpected Surprises

• Armistice Day

FEATURES

Banning Drugs, Does it Work?

• Armistice Day

FEATURES

Accutane: When All Else Fails

• FEATURES

Vogue in September

• Armistice Day

FEATURES

September: An Important Month in Fashion

Armistice Day