XXXTentacion Presents: Members Only, Vol 4.

Hip-Hop's enigma releases a new album.

XXXTentacion (pictured middle left) partnering with the Miami Children's Initiative on March 16th, 2018.

Samuel Kenwright

By Ethan Morales, Staff writer

On January 22nd, the former XXXTentacion’s birthday, millions waited until 12:00 am that night. They all waited for the release of a new album. An album from the deceased XXXTentacion: titled Member’s Only, Vol. 4.

Member’s Only, sometimes referred to as M.O., is a group that X created when he first began making music with a close friend and frequent collaborator, Ski Mask the Slump God. Meeting in jail at the age of 16, both artists decided to start making music with one another after they got out. M.O. was originally a duo the two made, then grew into a collective. Numerous artists began to join the group, such as Wifisfuneral, Craig Xen, KiD TRUNKS, and so many more with each artist bringing their own skills to the group.

X describes that karma is real, and states that if he “Get’s shot and killed…. then I deserve it.””

The album was kept under wraps, only being hinted at by Craig Xen, being the first to give a clue of a new project by posting on Twitter on June 30th, 2018, stating “Member’s Only, Vol. 4”. Fellow members such as Ski Mask the Slump God, and Kin$oul began to post snippets of the track “Rebirth (2016)” soon after.

Member’s Only, Vol. 4 serves as the fourth installment in the self-titled series of mixtapes. The project contains 23 songs, with a length of one hour and five minutes. The album features most, if not all. members of M.O.. Songs such as “Sauce!” and “Gassed Up!” are the most played, having a star next to their proper titles on Apple Music.

Perhaps the most haunting track on Member’s Only, Vol. 4. is “Rebirth (2016)”. Not exactly a song, but more of a monologue of X from 2016. In the words of media website Genius, “He essentially proclaims that everything happens for a reason and that karma is the overarching factor in anyone’s life. ” X describes that karma is real, and states that if he “Get’s shot and killed…. then I deserve it.” X was murdered on June 18, 2018 in a murder-robbery while shopping for motorcycles in Deerfield Beach, Florida. The song ends the album with an eerie, chilling feeling given to the listener. Proving that posthumous projects can impact listeners.

About the Writer
Ethan Morales, Staff Writer

Ethan Morales is a senior & this is his first year on staff.  He used to be a running-back in football and a sprinter in track, but now he just likes...

• XXXTentacion Presents: Members Only, Vol 4.

REVIEWS

Call Me By Your Name: A Movie Review

REVIEWS

TV Show Review: Fixer Upper

A&E

GOODNIGHT LOVELL

A&E

The Umbrella Academy and What Makes it Special

REVIEWS

The Giver

A&E

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

A&E

The Charming Serial Killer, Ted Bundy

A&E

Welcome to the Honey Art Cafe

A&E

Middle Child By J. Cole

A&E

The Musical Phenomenon Turned Novel