Apex Legends

A battle royal taking the world by storm.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Apex Legends

By Joshua Frank, Staff Writer

Apex Legends is something new and refreshing, checking all of the boxes of recent trends. It’s battle royale, complete with the descent from the sky, emphasis on scavenging for loot, and shrinking playable area. It features eight characters called Legends with unique ability sets built for teamwork. It comes free-to-play, including weapon skins, emotes, and even the much-anticipated loot boxes. None of those borrowed ideas say originality on their own, but here they come together as something totally new thanks to a roster of personable Legends, a single large and complicated map, and a smart approach to its three-person squads. Add great gunplay, a unique communication system and Apex Legends has come onto the scene as one of the most addicting and entertaining battle royale games.

As being the same creators of Titanfall, Apex has a strong feel to that same gameplay and feel.”

Apex Legends is relatively small scale. Twenty teams of three compete in a last team standing competition on a shrinking, sci-fi-infused map. The varied Legends you choose from add new challenges to the battle royale format and further place the focus on playing as a team. The eight options each have their own neat tactical, passive, and chargeable ultimate abilities that can come in handy at times. The Legend abilities can save your squad or get you out of a tricky situation, but like other battle royale games, Apex Legends is all about the loot.

About the Writer
Joshua Frank, Staff Writer

Joshua Frank is a senior. It is his first year as a newspaper staff member. Joshua plays football and enjoys to play video games in his free time. His...

• Apex Legends

OPINION

Watch the Skies

• Apex Legends

OPINION

Congress.gov

• Apex Legends

OPINION

The Benefits of Art

• Apex Legends

OPINION

An Aging Game for an Evolving Time

• Apex Legends

OPINION

Operation Wind Bastion

• Apex Legends

OPINION

Managing a Catastrophe: What Can We Do?

• Apex Legends

OPINION

Red Dead Redemption 2

• Apex Legends

OPINION

Fallout 76

• Apex Legends

OPINION

The Growing Trend of Smartwatches

• Apex Legends

OPINION

World of Warships

Apex Legends