Howdie Parker Galvan!

Parker Galvan, starting center, shares his feelings and love for the most popular sports in the United States!

By Alaya Fuentes, Staff Writer

The Wrangler: Why did you join football?

Galvan: I joined because I have played my whole life and I wanted the opportunity to be able to play at the next level.

The Wrangler: What position do you play and why did you choose it?

Galvan: I  play center and  I chose it because it’s the captain of the offensive line and I felt like I  could really fit that role.

The Wrangler: What is your motivation for continuing to do football?

Galvan: My motivation is my love for the sport knowing that I only have one more year left to do my best in football gets me up every day to work harder and harder.

The Wrangler: What advice would you give freshmen who are scared to join such a big team?

Galvan: The best advice I would give a freshman is to try your hardest, even in practice coaches really wanna see you always putting in that extra 10%  even if its just practice. I would also tell them don’t let the level of the team whether it be freshman team JV or varsity don’t let it define how good or bad you are because it just shows you to put more into it and try harder.

The Wrangler: What’s the best advice a coach has given you

Galvan: The best advice a coach has given me is that never have a bad attitude about something because your gonna have to do it anyway so go in with a positive attitude and always try your hardest because if you’re just halfway doing it your only hurting yourself.

The Wrangler: What colleges are you looking to play for after graduation? 

Galvan: I would play for any school that has interest in me but if I had to choose I would like to play for Texas Tech  University its always been a dream to play for Tech.

The Wrangler: As this is your third year on the team, how have things changed from the first year?

Galvan: A lot has changed since my freshman year including a new head coach and new coaching staff. With new coaches, they have got our football program back to where we need to be.

The Wrangler: It being your first year on varsity how does it feel to make it to playoffs?

Galvan: It feels good making playoffs and knowing we are guaranteed another game. Most teams have to turn in their gear after the tenth regular-season game but being able to continue doing what I love just a little longer is really an amazing feeling.

The Wrangler: What are you expecting out of your senior year? 

Galvan: I have big expectations for my senior year I think our football team is going to be dominant. We have a bond that nobody can break and that is what separates us from other teams.