Howdie Skylar Evans!

Skylar Evans is a senior this year, with big plans for the holidays and big plans to finish up senior year strong for next semester.

Princess Sinkambe

Skylar Evans is making sure she gets cozy for the holiday season!

By Princess Sinkambe, Staff Writer

The Wrangler: How do you feel as you finish up your first semester?

Evans: I feel as if my first semester went by kinda fast, most times it was pretty stressful and other times it was a breeze.

The Wrangler: What are your plans for Christmas break?

Evans: My Christmas break consists of drinking eggnog, making cookies, opening presents, and preparing for college.

The Wrangler: What do you feel has made your high school career memorable this semester and why?

Evans: My friends have really taught me what is important in life and they’ve made this year something to remember.

The Wrangler: How has FCCLA (Family Career Community Leaders of America) impacted your life?

Evans: I became more aware of people who I could help, not just in my community but in life in general.

The Wrangler: Who is your biggest inspiration and why?

Evans: My grandmother, because she’s always pushing me to be the best I can be in everything that I do. She is my biggest motivator.

The Wrangler: What are some of your favorite holiday traditions?

Evans: Every year, my family gets a big present that has several different gifts in it and we roll a dice to see how many times you can unwrap it to get what’s inside.

The Wrangler: What do you think is the most important life skill or value your parents taught you?

Evans: Being able to work well with other people; my parents always say working well with others is a form of responsibility.

The Wrangler: What was the hardest thing you had to do this semester?

Evans: I had to prioritize what was more important in my life between school, work, and getting ready for college.

The Wrangler: Who is your favorite teacher and why?

Evans: Ms. Hill, because she is very understanding and always so helpful.

The Wrangler: What are your goals for next semester and how do you plan to achieve them?

Evans: To get accepted into Cornell University by focusing on what matters and making sure I don’t get distracted.