Howdie Kassandra Kee!

Kassandra Kee is a junior that enjoys playing volleyball and running track and loves animals.

Kassandra Kee

Kassandra Kee stands with Scout one of the classroom dogs in her Animal Science Class.

By Eryn Rainer, Staff Writer

The Wrangler: What do you want to do for your career? 

Kee: I am working on becoming a veterinarian.

The Wrangler: What other hobbies do you have? 

Kee: I am on the Track and Volleyball team at George Ranch, I play club volleyball at Willowbrook, I love to read, I am in FFA hoping to compete on the Veterinary Science Team.  

The Wrangler: What classes are you taking currently in High School to become a veterinarian 

Kee: I am taking Veterinary Medicine and Advanced Animal Sciences. 

The Wrangler: How did you strive to accomplish becoming a veterinarian? 

Kee: I wanted my first job to have something to do with animals to kickstart my career as a vet. 

The Wrangler: What is your job, why did you choose it? 

Kee: I work at Camp Bow Wow, a doggy day care and boarding facility.

The Wrangler: How do you balance your job and school? 

Kee: Because I am a student athlete as well and do not have time after school, I only work at the weekends and holidays.  

The Wrangler: Why do you want to become a veterinarian, who inspired you? 

Kee: I have always wanted to have a job in the animal industry and my veterinarian Dr. Pina of Lighthouse Veterinary inspired me. 

The Wrangler: What College would you like to attend to become a veterinarian? 

Kee: I would like to attend Texas A and M. 

The Wrangler: How does the Veterinary Science Team compete 

Kee: I am not 100% sure on how the Veterinary Science Team competes because this is my first year attempting to compete in an FFA event. 

The Wrangler: What is FFA (Future Farmers of America) and how long have you been doing it? 

Kee: FFA is a leadership opportunity many people are a part of in an attempt to pursue a career in agriculture such as becoming a veterinarian. I have been in FFA for four years now since eighth grade.