Week 8 Longhorn Sports Report

By Julian Munoz, Sports Writer

Howdy Longhorns! Welcome back to the Longhorns Sports Report. In the 8th rendition of the report, we will go over some Senior Night celebrations and some great seasons coming to a close. 

Starting with football:  The Longhorns suffered a 50-0 loss to FB Hightower in what would be a Senior Night to forget. This loss puts our 20-6a record to 4-2 and overall record to 4-4.  The ‘Horns look to bounce back on Saturday, October 22nd, at 11 AM when they take on FB Dulles at Mercer Stadium. 

The Lady Longhorns Varsity volleyball team snapped a two-game losing skid by winning three straight matches against FB Bush, Hightower, and FB Dulles.  The Longhorns sit nicely in third place of a very tough 20-6a District.  Coach Forshee’s varsity squad wrap up a terrific regular season on the road versus FB Elkins High School on Tuesday October 25th. 

Longhorn Tennis lost a tough battle in round two of the UIL Playoffs against Tompkins High School. Coach Noonan’s squad battled all season, and it resulted in a wonderful year for Longhorn Tennis. 

Longhorn XC participated in the 20-6a District races with the ladies bringing home a sixth straight District championship!  The Boys also advanced to regionals placing 3rd in the district.  The Regional round starts on Monday October 24th and lasts through Tuesday October 25th in Huntsville.  Congrats to all of our runners.