Longhorn Sports Report Week 9

I brief review of this weeks sports here at the Ranch

By Julian Munoz, Sports Writer

Howdy Longhorns! Welcome back to the Longhorn Sports Report. This was a huge week for sports as the fall season comes to a close. 

Longhorn Football punched their ticket into the 2022 UIL Playoffs with a 24-21 win over FB Dulles. George Ranch closes the 2022 season next Saturday, November 5th against FB Elkins at Traylor Stadium. 

Lady Longhorn Volleyball wrapped up a tremendous season with a 3-0 sweep of FB Elkins to finish the 2022 campaign in third place in District 20-6A at 12-4 and 30-13 in overall play. Riley Steubing (SR) was awarded player of the match against Elkins in her final regular season match of her high school career. George Ranch will play Cinco Ranch High School in the first round of the 2022 UIL Volleyball Playoffs. Good luck to our Lady Longhorns! 

Girls XC finished fourth place at the UIL regional meet and are moving on to the State Championships in Round Rock, TX!  Congrats to all the Lady Longhorn Runners!   Senior, Madison Haldiman returns to state for the third consecutive year and Sophomore, Sophia Nguyen reaches the state meet for her second year.  The GR Boys XC team were unfortunately eliminated from state contention after failing to grab one of the qualifying spots.  Congrats on our boys runners for a successful season! 

Playoff season is in full swing, and George Ranch is in the midst of it all. We hope for all sports to make deep runs in their respective playoff brackets!