Longhorn Sports Report week 6

Howdy Longhorns! Welcome back for the sixth edition of the Longhorn Sports Report. This week the winning continued across all sports here at The Ranch.  Let’s dive right in!  

Coach Cavallo’s Varsity Football team continued its winning streak last Saturday against FB Travis with a 28-13 win. The ‘Horns were once again carried by their stellar defense. This marks the fourth straight game that GRHS held its opponent under 25 points.  GR is hot at the perfect time as they head into rivalry weekend against the Ridge Point Panthers at Mercer Stadium.  Kickoff is at 6 pm, so show up and show out Rowdies! 

Lady Longhorns Volleyball extended its win streak to four after beating FB Elkins 3-1 last Saturday here at The Ranch. Sydney Bryant won player of the match for the ladies as she led the team with 18 kills. The ladies also picked up a narrow win this past Tuesday against FB Clements by a score of 3-2. Oriyah Williams picked up her first Player of the Match this game as well. Coach Forshee’s squad looks forward to hosting FB Austin Friday, October 29th, here at The Ranch. 

Longhorn Tennis boosted its overall record to 20-6, with a 12-7 win over FB Dulles last Saturday here at the Ranch. Coach Witt’s squad plays its last regular season match against Elkins next Tuesday, October 3rd  at Elkins High. 

Longhorn XC participated in the LCISD Roundup and the McNeil Hoka Round Rock Invite. this past weekend. Seniors Chloe Mozcygemba and Grace Howell placed 36th and 38th overall in the LCISD Roundup with Sophia Nguyen placing 32nd out of 245 in Round Rock for the girls as The boys placed 6th overall in the LCISD Roundup with Travis Morrey taking an individual fourth place finish.

Both Water Polo teams faced off with FB Ridge Point this past Tuesday, with the boys winning 4-1 and the girls unfortunately coming home with a loss to the Lady Panthers.  Both programs take on Foster High School one last time to end the regular season on Tuesday, October 3rd, at the Don Cook Natatorium. 

About the Contributor
Julian Munoz
Julian Munoz, Sports Writer
Howdy Longhorns! I'm back for my second year on the Newspaper staff. This year I'm bringing y'all as close to the field I can with our sports reports. You can also catch all the action through our radio broadcasts with yours truly. Hoping to have an GReat Senior Year!!