Sports Updates 2/26/14

Baseball:

The Longhorn Varsity Baseball team hosted Manvel last night and were up 4-2 after the 4th inning when the game was called due to rain. Wes Thompson was on the mound and had given up 2 earned runs on 5 hits while striking out 6. Brady Burns, Cam Boudreaux, Stone Garrett, Garrett Gray, and Kevin Kopps all had singles while Grant Page contributed a triple. The Longhorns will host the LCISD Tournament beginning on Thursday. Thanks to the fans who braved the weather and we look forward to seeing everybody out there this weekend.

Tennis:

Jv Tennis played at the Wharton Jv Tournament yesterday and brought homeĀ  medals in alsmost every draw that was entered. Amelia Nelson and Meagan Foster took 1st is Girls A doubles while Hannah Rosenbaum and Dominique Tan took 1st in Girls B Doubles. Elizabeth Cervantes won 1st in Girls B singles. An Nguyen and Trevor Sellers was robbed of 1st place after a tie break but came home with 2nd in Boys A doubles, Chris Mc Nally and Sean Neal took 1st in Boys B doubles, and Andrew Wong took home the consolation medal for Boys A singles. Way to go Longhorns!!

Basketball:

Please join Coach Pierce and the Longhorn girls basketball coaches in congratulating the young ladies who will be representing George Ranch as Distict 23-4A as all district picks this year. Awards are as follows: New Comer of the Year- Freshamn Julia Schwake, 1st Team all district- Freshman Julia Schwake and Senior Olivia West Honorable Mention- Freshman Alexis White and Junior DeAndria Batiste Academic All District Freshmen Julia Schwake,Alexis White, and Lauren Boyd Sophomores- Rita Anne Okoye, Kearah Nails. and Enaya White Juniors Mikeala Lechtenberger, and Alexis Elder and Seniors Ashley Ng and Katelyn Keeling. Great job girls we are all very proud of you this season!!

Golf:

The boy’s JV golf team finished in 4th place Monday at Pecan Grove Country Club with a team score of 356. Sophomore Chris Lopez finished 2nd place individually with his round of 74. Lance Ferguson-92, Zach Gilbert-93, Adam Garza-97, and Mathew Mills-105 were the highest placing 4A school in the field of 16 teams.