Teacher Spotlight: Dr. LeBeouf

In September, the faculty of George Ranch voted Dr. LeBeouf the Teacher of the Month. Here, we get to know a little more about this special teacher.

Q: What is your college experience?

A: “I went to many different places, but I received my PhD at The University of Texas in Austin. That is where I affiliate myself.”

Q: Did you teach anywhere before GRHS?

A: “I taught 6 years at a private elementary school, Memorial City of Oaks, ten years at Mayde Creek Junior High, three years at Mayde Creek High School, and at UT Austin for five semesters.”

Q: What do you do outside of school? Do you have any hobbies?

A: “I sing in choir at my church. I have a vegetable garden, and [I] also have three grandsons I try to see as often as I can.”

Q: Have you traveled anywhere interesting?

A: “I have traveled to France fifteen times, Thailand three times, Japan twice, Switzerland many times, and also the Caribbean. My favorite island is St. Maarten.”

Q: Which is your favorite travel destination?

A: “I enjoy Thailand because my youngest son lives there. But if I had to pick, I’d choose France. More specifically Monaco, which is South of France. The beaches are beautiful, and the people are friendly.”

Q: Why did you choose to come to George Ranch?

A: “I had just finished my PhD. I just movedto  an area zoned to the district, and I like teaching in the district where I live. It’s not the same when you don’t.”

Q: What do you like about George Ranch?

A: “Well, first, the administration. We have awesome principals. The work ethic of teachers is unsurpassed. We have a beautiful facility and some pretty awesome kids.”

Q: Why did you decide to become a teacher?

A: “I always knew I’d be a teacher- it was a given. It’s who I am. I can’t tell you when; I never had an epiphany or anything. I always knew since I was a little girl.

Dr. LeBeouf is no ordinary teacher. She has traveled all over the world, has a doctorate, and is even a singer in her church’s choir. She brings so many of her life experiences to George Ranch, along with her many years of teaching. She is a French genius and will always be an exceptional addition to the George Ranch staff.

Teacher Spotlight: Dr. LeBeouf