A Message from the Administration

The Wrangler sat down with some of the administration staff to get some tips for the student body.

1. We encourage our students to closely monitor their grades, attendance and discipline consequences as all (3) contribute to a student’s ability to exempt fall 2014 final exams.  If students have questions about their fall 2014 attendance and/or discipline report, please note the questions on the report(s) and turn in to the Student Service Window.
  2. The second six weeks grading period closes on Friday, November 7, 2014 (this is a short six weeks grading period).  Report cards will be distributed through advisory on Thursday, November 13, 2014.  UIL “No Pass/No Play” will take effect at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, November 14, 2014.
  3. Congratulations to our District Champion Boys’ Cross Country team! The team placed 3rd this past Saturday at the Regional meet and secured a berth to the UIL state cross country meet.  State meet will be held on Saturday, November 8, 2014 in Round Rock, Texas!
  4.  The Senior Parent Night/Homecoming game is scheduled at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 6, 2014 at Traylor Stadium.  George Ranch Longhorn football team has secured the district title!  Our first playoff football game is scheduled at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 15, 2015 at the new University of Houston football stadium.
  5. Longhorn Band update!  This year’s UIL show was truly amazing and, in fact, the band performed their show “Tread Lightly” this past weekend at the BOA “Bands of America” national competition held in San Antonio at the Alamo Dome.  Great job Longhorns!
  6. The January 2015 musical production “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat” has been cast and practices begin Wednesday.
  7. Now is the time to order your 2015 GRHS Yearbook online at www.balfour.com.   For more information, contact yearbook adviser Amanda Respondek at [email protected].  Reminder that once the yearbook order window closes, students will be unable to purchase a yearbook.
  8. Upcoming Dates:Monday, November 10, 2014: LCISD High School & Beyond Night @ 6:00 p.m. (GRHS)Wednesday, November 12, 2014: School pictures (Grades 9-11) re-takes during all lunches.Wednesday, November 26-Friday, November 28, 2014: Thanksgiving Holidays

Wednesday, December 17 – Friday, December 19, 2014: Final Exam Bell Schedule

9. It is great to be a Longhorn!  See you at the Ranch!