Howdie Milan Miller!

Milan Miller is a Junior at George Ranch High School. She enjoys playing Basketball and is on the Varsity Basketball team.

By Diamond Butler, Staff Writer

The Wrangler: What position do you play in Basketball and why that position?

Miller: I play guard in Basketball because I am not tall or big enough for the post position.

The Wrangler: What made you interested in Basketball? 

Miller:  I love the game. Everything about Basketball is interesting and fun.

The Wrangler: Do you plan on furthering your career in Basketball?

Miller: Yes, I plan on furthering my career in basketball to college, but I will not go Pro.

The Wrangler: What are one of the techniques that your coach has taught you, that you use in the games?

Miller: They taught me how to study defense and react off of what they give you … you never know what your next move is, you have to think of your spot.

The Wrangler: Who was one of your supporters in your life and what is one thing they always told you?

Miller:  My dad and brothers have always been my biggest supporters for Basketball, they always tell me ‘ your game, your pace’.

The Wrangler: Did any of your relatives play Basketball?

Miller:  Yes, my dad and uncles and all my brothers played …they were all guards. Yea, I grew up in a house full of ball players.

The Wrangler: What has Basketball taught you over the last few years you played?

Miller: Basketball has taught me self-discipline and time management. I’ve learned how to push myself no matter how tired I am.

The Wrangler: What do you plan to do in the future?

Miller: After I graduate high school, I plan to go to college to become a doctor. At this moment I am not sure what kind of doctor, but I know for sure I will be one.

The Wrangler: Have you ever consider yourself as a role model to anyone and why?

Miller: Yes, I do consider myself a role model to my younger teammates and siblings. I try to set a good example all the time. I feel as though their the next generation so making an impact on them, it would influence them to do better.

The Wrangler: After graduating, what will you do that would benefit yourself and your family?

Miller:  After I graduate I will go to college then later become a doctor, and the money that I will receive, I will help my parents and give back what they gave to me.