National days of the week 12/12 – 12/16

Back to Article
Back to Article

National days of the week 12/12 – 12/16

By Amanda Martin, Staff Writer

There is a national day each and every day of the year. Here are the national days of this week.

Monday: Gingerbread House Day

Gingerbread was often used in religious ceremonies. The Brothers’ Grimm came up of the idea of a gingerbread house through the tail of Hansel and Gretel.

Tuesday: National Cocoa Day

Cocoa is made with hot water or milk and a packet containing mostly cocoa powder, sugar and dry milk. Marshmallows and whipped cream are some of the popular toppings people use for cocoa.

Wednesday: National Bouillabaisse Day

This day is geared toward seafood lovers across the country. Bouillabaisse is a fish stew. This stew is traditionally made with bony rockfish, saffron, fennel seed and orange zest.

Thursday: National Wear Your Pearls Day

This day reminds us that when life throws dirt our way, we all have value at the end. Pearls come in many different shapes, sizes and colors. DeAnna Bookert founded this day in 2015.

Friday: Free Shipping Day

This event is held in the middle of December. On this holiday, people shop both large and small online merchants that are offering free shipping with a guaranteed delivery by Christmas Eve.

About the Writer
Amanda Martin, Business Manager & Staff Writer

Amanda Martin is a senior this year. This is her third year on The Wrangler staff, and is now the Business Manager. In her free time, she enjoys volunteering, taking pictures, and hanging out with her friends and family. After she graduates, she wants to pursue a degree in healthcare administration with hopes of working at Texas Children's Hospital.

National days of the week 12/12 – 12/16