Announcements 9/15/15

By Marissa Vrba, Staff Writer

The PTO Golf Tournament will take place on October 2nd at 8 am at the Quail Valley Golf Course. Contact Dawn Pounders at [email protected] for information on sponsoring a hole, playing in the tournament and donating an item for raffle.

The Annual FFA Sporting Clays Tournament is Saturday October 17th with registration beginning at 8 am and the shoot starting at 9:15 am. It will take place at the American Shooting Center on Westheimer Parkway. For more information go to www.georgeranchffa.ffanow.org.

Students arriving late or with first off must show their student ID to the front office.

Students interested in joining the Fellowship of Christian Athletes can report to room 2333 on September 17th at 7:40 am and should contact Coach Anderson for any questions.

Art Club starts September 16th in room 1400 and goes from 3:40-4:30.

If you are interested in becoming the boys’ track manager contact Coach T. Dutch.

Applications for the YIP Program are now available at www.thegeorgeranchfoundation.org and are due by October 7th.

The Longhorn Lounge will be taking off on September 24th. See Mr. Edenmeyer in room 1610 for more information and the deadline for all acts is September 16th.

Any ProGrad/Senior Serve paperwork must be turned in to the front office.

Homecoming week is September 21st-26th. Purchase a homecoming shirt for presale for $12, and glow in the dark pep rally tickets will be sold for $2. The Homecoming theme days are:

Monday- Cultural Dress

Tuesday- Tourist of the world (dress up like a tourist)

Wednesday- American Day

Thursday- Spirit Day/Mum and Garter/ Glow in the Dark Pep Rally.

The Homecoming Tailgate is September 26th and is from 1-5 pm in the GRHS Student Parking Lot. To reserve a parking spot contact Mrs. Baker at [email protected].

Those interested in audition for the musical this year are encouraged to attend two dance clinics, one on September 19th and the other on the 26th; both starting at 9 am and ending at 11 am. The classes are $15 a piece or $20 for both. See Mr. Edenmeyer for any questions and to reserve your spot in the class.