How to Prepare for Your AP Exam

With AP tests coming up, here’s a few tips to help you prepare

By Kensly Landry, Staff Writer

With spring approaching, so approaches exam season. If you’re an AP student, then you know the extra stress that comes with dealing with school work along with preparing for such an important test.

Some of you might even be taking 2 or 3 exams, causing you to feel even more pressure. These simple tips will help you if you’re worried about your AP exams.

1. Start studying about 2 weeks before your exam: 

It’s best to let the information slowly form a solid place in your brain over a few weeks, rather than trying to cram 6 months of information in the night before the exam. Since you’ve started studying a few weeks in advance, the information should stay in your brain.

If it’s your first time taking an AP exam, then you might be a little nervous, but don’t be!

— Kensly Landry

2. Use Crash Course Videos:

Perhaps the most effective tool at your disposal is Crash Course. Different educators have in-depth videos on several different subjects that can help prepare you for your AP exams. From Astronomy to U.S. History to Psychology, Crash Course has individual playlists dedicated solely to each course.

3. Last, but not least: Don’t overthink it!

If it’s your first time taking an AP exam, then you might be a little nervous, but don’t be! You might sike yourself out and end up doing worst because of your nerves. If you’ve studied the material and gotten a good night sleep, then you have nothing to worry about.

Also, don’t forget to make sure you bring two pencils, a pen, some water, a calculator (if needed) and a snack. Leave your phone in your car or at home; you won’t need it. Remember to not to over-stress and try your best!